We value your business and want you to enjoy your cabinets for many years. The warranty on your cabinets is one year. While great care has been taken to ensure that your cabinetry arrives in excellent condition, please be aware that normal shipping and handling can sometimes result in the need for additional adjustments or minor touch-ups during and after installation. It is also important that you are aware of the on-going proper care of your cabinetry and countertops. Just following these few simple steps will help to keep your Kitchen looking great for many years to come.
- All wood cabinets will change colour when exposed to different types of light. New finishing methods will help slow this process, but none stop it completely. Natural colour differences in wood are caused by variations in minerals found in the soil in which the tree was grown, and will differ by tree and parts of the tree. Additionally, every wood species exhibits other characteristics such as knots, pinholes, sap runs and darkening with age. It is the beauty of natural wood to have these characteristics, as well as natural variations in graining and colour. Using a colour stain on the wood may produce different colour variances. Softer areas of the wood and end grain surfaces will accept more stain and often appear darker than other areas. This is a natural reaction when finishing wood products and potential variances in colour cannot be controlled.
- Since wood is a natural porous material, it will naturally absorb and release moisture causing unavoidable shrinking & swelling. This can result in dimensional changes in larger pieces, which may result in minor warping. These dimensional changes are often associated with seasonal change and will usually, given the chance, return to normal after one full season change. These changes are one of the natural characteristics of wood and should not be considered as a defect in material or workmanship.
- Even though the finish is highly moisture resistant you should still try to avoid any prolonged contact with moisture. Wipe up any spills or splashes quickly with a clean soft cloth. For your day to day cleaning you should use a damp cloth with water only, or for those really tough cleaning jobs use a mild soap and water solution. Immediately after any cleaning you should wipe dry the surface with a damp cloth. Do not use any type of cleaners such as Goo Gone or Windex as they will break down the finish properties and could cause peeling of the finish, which will not be covered by our warranty. It is not necessary or recommended to apply furniture wax or polish to your Kitchen Cabinets. Simply wipe with a slightly damp cloth to restore the like new appearance. The cabinet interiors have a melamine interior which will clean up quite nicely with a mild soap and water solution.
- Normal use may cause hinge screw to loosen. They should be tightened periodically. Adjustments should be made with a hand screwdriver to help eliminate over tightening sometimes caused by power screwdrivers. The drawer glides and hinges require no lubrication.
- Countertops are not waterproof and any moisture that seeps through the seams will cause them to bubble. This cannot be fixed and is not under warranty. Due to the countertop mitres, please ensure the joints are always kept dry. We recommend you immediately dry joints and the area around your sink with a dry cloth after wiping the counters or washing dishes. Never leave a wash cloth sitting over the joints. Never cook or place items that expel heat, steam or water on seams as they may cause them to lift. Countertops are made of plastic laminate, therefore fine scratches will occur, and this is not considered as a defect in material or workmanship.
- On square doors (Shaker & Picasso) with a frame and a flat panel, shadowing on the inside edge of the panel could appear. This is due to the staining process, which will be more noticeable on medium to dark stains.